Educate to transform the world
A key component of every United Methodist Women Assembly is participatory workshops that engage members and provide skills and tools to take individual and collective action. The skills and tools that you receive at this Assembly should help propel you into the next 150 years of turning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world.
United Methodist Women understand Leadership Development, Service and Advocacy, Spiritual Growth and Transformative Education to be interconnected and integral to our mission initiatives and our work. We have identified the primary emphasis of each workshop to help in the selection process:
- Leadership Development—Workshops will offer participants the opportunity to realize their full potential, expand their own and other United Methodist Women’s capacity and strengthen connections to women across the organization.
- Service and Advocacy (Social Justice)—Workshops will offer participants the opportunity to explore means of challenging both the root causes and effects of social injustice.
- Spiritual Growth—Workshops will offer opportunities and resources to grow spiritually, become more deeply rooted in Christ and put faith into action.
- Transformative Education—Workshops will explore educational methodology that leads to personal change in order to transform the world.
- Teen Track (Youth ages 13-18)—The teen track will offer interactive games, small group sessions, informational workshops and the opportunity to connect with diverse youth from around the country. There will be one workshop offered daily with the opportunity to participate fully in Assembly activities.